Holiday firms Late Rooms and Super Break stop trading

I’ve got a future Super Break booking – what can I do? 
Your options depend on what type of booking you have. If you booked a Super Break holiday through a travel agent, you should contact the agent first. 
Booked a Super Break package holiday including a flight? 
Package holidays have financial protection if the firm organising your package goes out of business, which means you’re entitled to a refund, or to make arrangements to go on the planned holiday, albeit with a bit of faff.
If your package holiday includes a flight it’ll be protected by the official ATOL scheme – you’ll have been sent an ATOL certificate with your booking documents if so. In this scenario, you have two options: 
You can choose not to go on holiday and claim a full refund instead. You’ll get the full cost of your Super Break booking back, including any hotel or activity costs which were included in your package.You can claim your refund using the CAA’s claim form. You’ll need to include evidence of your booking and any payments you made to Super Break. If you end up out of pocket, say if you’d already booked extra excursions, you could try and claim for any extra losses – though this isn’t guaranteed. See below for how. 
You can choose to go on holiday as planned but the hotel may ask you to pay again – though you can reclaim this money. The only way to find out whether the hotel or other service provider will ask for the money again is to ask it directly.  You can claim these costs using the CAA’s claim form – but remember that you’ll only be able to claim up to the total amount of the original booking. While that should be fine in most cases, if a hotel charges more than the cost of the original booking you could try and claim for any extra losses – though this isn’t guaranteed. See below for how. There’s no evidence of this happening yet, but we’ve added the info just in case. 
Booked a Super Break package holiday without a flight?
ABTA doesn’t guarantee you’ll be able to book a replacement holiday but you should be able to get your money back, though the process depends how you paid. If you’re not sure whether elements of your holiday have been cancelled or are going ahead, ask the hotel or other service provider. If you need a refund, ABTA has said customers who paid using a debit or credit card should claim via their bank or card provider. It has provided letters which you can use to give as evidence for your claim if you paid by credit card or debit card.If the holiday cost more than £100 and you paid on credit card then you may be covered by law under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. If it’s less or you paid by debit card, you may be able to claim from your card company using the chargeback scheme. This is a customer service promise rather than a legal right but has worked in similar cases in the past. 
If you paid using another method, you can claim from ABTA directly. Given ABTA does provide protection we suspect that in the unlikely event your card company refuses to offer a refund then you can get a refund from ABTA. 
ABTA says you will always get your money back, it’s just the route which may differ. If still you end up out of pocket, you could try and claim for any extra losses – though this isn’t guaranteed. See below for how. 
Booked a hotel only via Super Break? 
All bookings are cancelled, sadly, presumably as Super Break had not yet handed the money over to the relevant hotel. Unfortunately, you’re not protected by ATOL or ABTA.
If you paid by debit or credit card, you can try to claim a refund through your bank or card provider via Section 75 laws for a credit card booking over £100, or via the chargeback scheme for other scenarios – and you can still use ABTA’s referral letters as evidence to help your claim, there are different letters for credit card or debit card.
There’s a risk here it won’t work as your contract is likely to be with Super Break as a tour operator but it’s the hotel that’s not been paid to supply the service and has therefore cancelled your stay. 
If you can’t get your money back you can check with your travel insurance to see if you’re covered, but if not you’ll need to make a claim with KPMG – though bear in mind that you’ll likely be at the back of the queue of creditors and few people tend to have success this way, based on previous administrations. 

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *