Go West With Mickey customers fear they’ve lost Disneyland holidays – here’s how to try and reclaim your cash

Am I covered under package holiday protection?
Package holiday regulations should mean you get full financial protection when you book a package holiday, so you’re entitled to a refund or to be brought home if the travel company organising your trip stops trading.
New rules brought in last year mean that some DIY package holidays, booked after 1 July 2018, also benefit from this protection. This means if you bought the different elements, such as a hotel and transport, separately via the same website, shop or call centre in the same transaction, you get the same protection as with a traditional package holiday.
Packages without flights are usually covered by the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) or similar. In this case it appears Go West With Mickey did not offer flights, but in its communications with customers it said was not a member of ABTA. The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust (ABTOT) and Bonded Coach Holidays (BCH) have also confirmed it was not a member with them.
Under the Package Holiday Travel Regulations 2018, if the holiday firm is not a member of one of the above schemes, it must provide either insurance or a trust account to provide insolvency protection.
In its communications with its customers, Go West With Mickey said it had specialist insurance with a company called Towergate Insurance, but the firm says it has never provided this insurance.
A statement on the insurance firm’s website reads: “We have been monitoring [Go West With Mickey’s] activity, and despite a previous request to cease making representations to their customers that Towergate Insurance provided insurance covering holidays booked through them, we recently became aware that they were still issuing terms and conditions and invoices to customers which indicated that such cover was available.”
We have been unable to contact Go West With Mickey to check if it had a trust account.
It therefore appears to be difficult at the moment to make a claim via the package holiday regulations. You can contact Trading Standards by calling Citizens Advice on 03454 040506.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *